Friday, October 19, 2012

. . . And Tap My Feet!!!





A couple of weeks ago someone sent me an email about a Four Star General that played drums for The Ventures years ago. After passing it on to several of my retired military friends I decided to check out some of the other YouTube vids of them. I admit it didn't really make me laugh but, it certainly took me on a trip down memory lane. It brought back memories of of "Sock Hops" at Saint Tarcisius' church hall, the juke box blasting at, our favorite malt shop, Sylvia's, and "Twisting The Night Away" at various suburban bars. With tunes like Wipe Out, Walk Don't Run, Telstar, Apache, Let There Be Drums. Road Runner and Tequila there was no way you could sit (or stand) still.
So, to really lift your spirits for a little while, go to YouTube, type in The Ventures, pick a tune and start tapping those toes! With all the political ads, the economy and just your normal everyday stress, this is a sure ticket to "Smileville"!


No comments:

Post a Comment