Sunday, December 18, 2011

Here goes

In my annual "newsletter" I promised to post a-blog-a-day with something that made me laugh the previous day. It may be something that I saw, heard about, dreamed or received from email and Facebook friends. I invite everyone to join in and try to laugh about something each and every day. On my main Blog ronning off I often go weeks without posting so, this is going to be a real exercise in (what's the word I'm looking for?) sticktoitiveness. I didn't plan on starting this blog until the first of the year but . . . just to get the ball rolling . . . The other day on one of my wanderings I came across this scene. This is along a moderately traveled highway that parallels the Wisconsin River. The road is lined with white pines for miles with a little clearing here and just big enough to accommodate a small shack or barn. At any rate there isn't much scenery to entertain one driving along. But! Then on the edge of the tree line I spot what looks like a young kid up a tree trying to get away from a mother bear and her cub. Fear not because peering from behind a scrawny poplar (or some kind of scrawny tree) is what appears to be a Martian (or a mannequin wearing a Martian mask) taking aim at the bear. After driving on for a couple of miles I decided that I had to go back and capture the scene on film (I mean pixels). At a closer look, the kid was kid's clothing stuffed with something other than a kid, the bears were cut out of plywood and the Martian hunter was a mannequin wearing a Martian mask. So here's what made me laugh that day!

Sorry about the photo quality but, I was either cold or frightened.

1 comment:

  1. You must have been down in my neck of the woods, Ron. This is right near my parents house, between Muscoda and Blue River. I do a double take every time I drive by this. They sometimes switch up the places where they're standing and change the clothes they're wearing. Definitely makes people look...

    Holly

    ReplyDelete